Sunday, October 30, 2011

Shizuoka Japan

Hello Family!
 
I have had a very good week!
This past Friday we went to Shizuoka to help the sister missionaries out with their Halloween party. There were a few students from English class there, some members, and a lot of friends and random people too. The kids were way fun. We had bobbing for apples, the doughnuts on strings game(but we used candy instead), mystery boxes that you stick your hand in and feel gross brains and guts n stuff, a haunted maze, and of course the mummy race. it was way fun. I made some new friends and got to play with fun little kids. 
 
On Saturday we had a BBQ at the farm of a less active woman and her family. It was way fun. We went at 8 in the morning and did some service on the farm. We chopped giant trees into fire wood and got to drink fresh milk.
The BBQ itself was fun. We played badminton with the little kids and ate tons of meat and veggies. The farm is in the very northern part or our area in the mountains. It has a very good view of Mt Fuji!
Thats basically it I guess. 
 
I went on exchanges with one of the zone leaders this week. That was fun except that he was riding my companions bike and the chain broke. Stuff like that always happens on Exchanges. Last time I was on an exchange the big typhoon came and the trains got shut down. This fall has been a big one for typhoons. But its really fun. One time we biked to A city called Fujinomiya(about an hour), and it started raining like crazy so we took shelter in the mall. The rain didnt stop and it was almost time for us to be in our apartment so we decided to let ourselves get soaked and ride back. We took a road that went through a forest, so we couldnt see anything! Both of our bike lights had been broken a few days earlier so there were some stretches of road that we couldnt even see. Way scary, but super fun. Typhoons are fun.
 
 Does dad still remember and speak Japanese? Is Katie still learning. It is all I am going to speak when I get back. You all better start practicing.

Love you.
 
Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment