Konnichi wa!
I am doing fine. General conference was yesterday and The day before. It was way good! We went to the Church and my companion and i got a room and TV to ourselves to watch it in English. There were only about 8 other members that came to watch on SAturday, but a lot more on Sunday. Including our investigator, Taniguchi-san. She is still as old as ever and has contracted a cold so at first she didnt show up to conference in the morning like she said she would. Luckily, she lives close by so we walked to her apartment, picked her up, and then the three of us walked to church together. She seemed to like it. I know I did! A lot of the talks were very simple and straight forward. Though they talked mostly about the basic Read scriptures daily, pray often, and go to church, it just goes to show how essential those things are. It was good for me!
As far as daily, non-stop experiences go I dont really know what to tell you. Everything I do everyday is normal to me now. Basically we are out everyday visiting old investigators and less-active members. We have a long list of about 300 less active members. Also a list of students from a school in my area who went to Utah for a few weeks as a class then recieved a BOM. The person in charge of that trip is a member of our stake presidency so he gave us the list and asked us to visit the students. We havent had very much success with the list of names, but less actives and former investigators are always good. We basically go out every day and do what we planned the night before. Which is lessons and finding. Sometimes finding is riding our bikes to parks and seeing if kids are there playing sports. Sometimes it is going to McDonalds, getting ice cream and trying to start conversations with students who are in there. Almost everyday at least one kid says "Herro!" to us. Nobody speaks English besides basic greetings. But iit is way fun. Using basic English is a good way of talking to young people. The funniest is when high school girls try to talk to us in English. We always invite them to english class and they never come. They love tall white guys. I feel like the conquistador, Cortez, coming to the american continent and everyone thinking he is a God because of his skin and hair color. It is the most entertaining part of my mission for sure. Also coming around the corner on our bikes and scarring old women is funny too. We get tons of strange looks everyday, but it is awesome. I dont know how I will live in Utah.
Our apartment in Fuji is one of the biggest in the mission. We have a study room, sleeping room, wide kitchen\living room area with a massage chair, and an extra room for suitcases and clothes and stuff. It is REALLY small compared to any other house or apartment in Utah, but for Japan, it is decent size. Every morning we wake up to the sound of the person above us doing ab workouts on some kind of rolling machine. Its nice.
On friday we had district meeting in Numazu and afterwards ate lunch at an all you can eat parfait restraunt. I had 6 parfaits and one of the other elders had 11. We all almost threw up, but luckily we got to ride on the train afterwards which helped.
the pictures I sent are of Mt Fuji from our city, Me and our AP(assistant to the president), and the last one is a vegetable vending machine. Maybe I already sent that pic. There are also egg, banana, and rice machines. This one was tomato and cucumbers.
Love you.
Church is true!
Choose the right!
Elder carr 1



No comments:
Post a Comment