Sunday, October 23, 2011

Teaching and fulfilling prophecies.

Hey!
 
Yesterday I went to a fireside in Shizuoka that was put on by President Baird(mission president). Leaders and returned missionaries from Shizuoka Stake were all invited along with the missionaries. He talked about prophecies about Japan that were given by Elder Eyring. He talked about how those prophecies are starting to be fullfilled! One of those prophecies was that Japanese people will want to learn about our church. Typically, Japanese have almost no interest in religion. Especially Christianity. When you sent me your email about the woman who wanted to learn about our church It helped me to feel that this prophecy really is coming true!
I dont know if I will be able to meet that woman and her family. I live more than 4 hours away from Nagoya, but I am going there next week for a conferece and I have one more transfer with the possibility of transfering somewhere. There are a lot of missionaries in Nagoya who can find her and teach her though! 

This past week my companion and I were in Shizuoka to help the sister missionaries teach their English class(they are both Japanese). We were in McDonalds eating dinner when these 3 Chinese girls started talking to us. They asked us where we are from and stuff and why we are here. They are here studying Japanese. One of them told us that she has a lot of interest in Christianity and asked us a bunch of questions "Does God really exist?" "How do I get all of my sins and bad feeling to go away?" etc. We were able to talk about Baptism and repentance and the Plan of Salvation. It was way cool! We gave them the phone number of the Shizuoaka missionaries. I think that at least one of them had sincere interest and will call the missionaries.
Also this week we went with the Kawamura family to Sister Kawamuras brothers house and taugt he and his wife. The wife was way good and really wanted to know if God exists and feel his love. We challenged them to pray and read from the Book of Mormon. We are meeting them again on Saturday!

On Saturday we went to a Halloween party and met a ton of people from The PhilippinesBrazil, Japan, and also these 3 Chinese kids who were visiting Japan for a week. The Chinese kids loved us! They were Katies age and way fun. I gave them my email address because they want to be friends with me and come to America sometime.
Overall it was a good week! Keep praying for me and Matt. 

Love you.
Elder Carr


PS. Adventures on the Train...
A woman kept falling asleep on my shoulder on the train. Everyone thought it was funny so they took a picture(I am just faking like Im alseep) I have had a few people fall asleep on my shoulder before. I guess it is the perfect height for their head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment