Things are going great. This past week we had district meeting in Shizuoka then straight after we went to the Street Performance World Cup!! In Japanese "Daidogei". It is a very famous event in Shizuoka and attracts a lot of people. The branch president from Ise was there for it(He is a performer), but we didnt get to see him. There were a lot of cool acts though. There was a woman who stood on her hands and shot a bow and arrow upside down with her feet. Also a few other funny groups of guys who performed. I didnt take any pictures, but I think I can get them from the sister missionaries.
Also, of course, we just walked around and lots of people came and took pictures with us. It was way fun!
Sunday was Stake conference in Shizuoka at this big conference center. Elder and Sister Aoyagi of the 70 and Elder Ishii were there. We were able to bring Taniguchi-san and she seemed to enjoy Sister Aoyagis talk. She still doesnt have a Baptism date yet and has been sick for awhile, but thankfully she still managed to come to conference and continues to come to church every week.
We teach English class every week on Thursdays in Fuji and Fridays in Shizuoka. It is way fun. this past week in fuji a woman came to class and told us that she didnt have time to stay but asked if she could talk to us about the Bible sometime. We invited her to church and gave her our number. Because we had conference, she wasnt able to come this sunday, but I think she will come next Sunday for sure.
Well it has been an hour and a half and no call has come for us to be transfered so I am assuming that we are both staying here in Fuji for my last transfer. It will be good. There is a Christmas party and a few other activities coming up. I love Fuji! Shizuoka-ken is awesome and i definitely need to come back here someday.
So, news on my district. There are 2 more sister missionaries coming to Shizuoka and Elder Ward from Numazu is going to my favorite area, Ise! It is way exciting stuff.
I will let you know how my district is next week! I look forward to having a good last transfer. Hopefully my companion and I dont kill each other... 3 transfers is kind of long, but I have done it before!
Love you all.
Elder Carr 1
No comments:
Post a Comment