Konnichi wa
It has been super hot lately. I feel like my brain has melted to mush. Also, mosquitoes are very attracted to me and I currently have about 12 bites on my feet, legs, hands, and arms. nevertheless, I am still alive and we had a great week. Yesterday we met with the Iwamoto family(Philippino) and did this activity to help them make a list of names of people that we would be able to contact soon. It was really good. We used this method that our mission president came up with and we ended up getting about 27 referrals from this one family. Our mission is the highest referral-producing mission in the world!(Or so we think) We have 5 zones in our mission and my zone alone has over 2000 referrals to either contact or refer to other missions. It is way cool. Referrals are really hard to get in Japan, but with this method we end up getting a lot! We plan on doing it with every single member in our branch too. It should produce a lot of results.
Anyway, Last tuesday we had a leadership training meeting in nagoya. that was pretty fun. The other day we got a referral from the Kobe mission. It was a guy who was an investigator, but moved to my area. I called him up and he was really excited to meet with us. We set up an appointment to meet him with a member next sunday. I am really excited about that. He is a Philippino named Renato,
To answer some questions: I think I put this in my last email, but, my district members are- Elders Hoyt Freeman, Tyler Hooton, Mikel Wynn, Adriano Santin, Jake Flint, Ben Van Campen, Ibuki Kishi, and myself. As a district leader I have to teach everyone from the curriculum we are given every week. It is kind of a pain sometimes, but it can be fun. I basically just do that and report to the Zone Leaders(Hooton and Freeman) about my district members and how they are doing.
To answer some questions: I think I put this in my last email, but, my district members are- Elders Hoyt Freeman, Tyler Hooton, Mikel Wynn, Adriano Santin, Jake Flint, Ben Van Campen, Ibuki Kishi, and myself. As a district leader I have to teach everyone from the curriculum we are given every week. It is kind of a pain sometimes, but it can be fun. I basically just do that and report to the Zone Leaders(Hooton and Freeman) about my district members and how they are doing.
I ride my bike for a total of maybe 1 hour somedays and other days 3-4 hours. Some appointments are 1.5 hours one way by bike. If we are lucky, sometimes people live close to a train station. The other day we rode to one city that took 1 hour, from there we rode 30minutes to the next city. had a few apointmments, then returned 1.5 hours home. It was really tiring. Especially since we had to look for peoples houses that we had never been to before. (even with GPS on the phone it was hard) I am sure Matt will have to do the same thing.
I dont have covers for my shoes for the rain. Nor do I want them. I dont know if I have even seem a missionary who uses them before. Japan is rainy! But I have 2 pairs of shoes so I can wear one while the other dries outside.
My toes are doing fine.
I cant wait to come back to Japan. Hopefully we can come as a family next year. Me and dad can show you and Katie around. I might be able to find houses to stay at. For sure a family in Numazu would let us stay with them. I bet families in Tsu or Ise would let us stay with them too. I know it is super expensive and we dont have a ton of money so if we dont have the money, dont plan it. But if we do, Might as well make it inexpensive and stay with families if we can. The exchange girl lives kind of close to Numazu too. So if we stayed with their family we could visit my area. Anyway,
No comments:
Post a Comment