Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy New Year!

Hello!
Im glad you got the package. I might have another one on its way soon. I cant find kokeshi dolls so unless I find one today I probably wont be able to send one for awhile. I bought the movie Swing Girls. It will work on American TVs! Also I found a shop that sells cool/funny shirts. No Engrish yet though... 
New Years has been pretty busy. On Monday(Jan 1st) we went to Mishima Taisha, a big shrine in the city right next to numazu in our area. There were seriously thousands of people there. They were all in a huge line to get into the shrine to say their yearly prayers. We did the whole routine. First you stop at this little water trough and clean your hands then drink a sip or the water. It supposed to clean your mouth and give you good health for the year. Then we went to where you say your prayer. First you throw coins into a giant cloth trough-thing then you clap twice and pray and ask for requests for the year. We obviously didnt pray to the same person as everyone else did, but we still threw coins in, clapped, and prayed. it was fun. After that we went around to lots of booths. there was a lot of food too. We actually got followed by these 3 girls who finally got the courage to ask if they could take pictures with us, but thats normal. We are thinking of going back today and buying a few things. I will send pictures from Monday. Also that night we had dinner at my favorite old Japanese couples house. In Japan, the mom takes the first three days off of cooking(they cook every day besides that) so we ate premade sushi and other stuff. It was good.






first picture- people throwing in money and praying
second- me next to the people throwing in money and praying
third- people exiting the inner part of the shrine. Just got done praying
fourth- food stands lined up right outside the shrine
fifth- Hiroshima oknimiyaki stand
last- first sunset of the year over the ocean
I just barely got a bunch of letter that were sent at Christmas time from family and ward members. I guess the mission home held a bunch until they could send them after Christmas and New Year. Thanks everyone!
Also, I have gotten american money and checks... but I dont know what to do with it. Especially the check. Could I keep it until after my mission or what? I Dont know.
The people we are teaching are kind of having hard times lately. Our investigators need more faith! And we also might just need new investigators. We have been looking and trying to find new investigators everyday, but we havent gotten any so far. Im definitely not discouraged though. Dont worry. We will find people when we do.
Have a good week. Love you all. Happy New year! Church is true. Choose the right.
A few more Christmas Pictures:

num 1,5- One can find love in this gift. Present from Elder Wilson, my district leader
number 2- Christmas dinner at the Oki familys house
3- Christmas Cake!
4- First dinner of the new year at the Hirose family's house




No comments:

Post a Comment