Friday, January 28, 2011

Back to my Homeland

 love my new area. I have already met some people that I knew from the time i was in my first area. It feels like Im home. And my companion is way cool! We have been having some fun times and working hard. We took some photobooth pictures yesterday and have also been finding some good investigators. The email place in Tsu isnt open on Monday so while I am here I will be emailing on Tuesday.
Some interesting things that happened this past week:
We went to this Indian Curry restraunt that we used to go to all thetime when I was in this district before.They dontreally have many customers so they give us all we can eat! the guys who work there are from Napal and speak little Japanese and pretty much no English.



When we went for lunch, there was this kid working there and he kept looking atus and saying hello. Later that night we were getting on the train to return home (we had been in another city fora few hours) and we saw the same kid getting on the same train as us! We tried to talk to him in English, but he didnt understand. We tried japanese too, but he didnt understand. We spent a while trying to tell him our names using hand signals and japanese. finally he understood and told us his name. "Shep" is his name. We asked him in japanese how old he is and he understood. He is 18. It was super hard to communicate with him, but we became friends anyway. it was way cool. We are going back to the restraunt this week and will try to talk with him. We need to study some Napalese first though!
We met this inactive member at Mcdonalds. He name is Marina and she is 22 I think. She is very shy, but she opened up to us and we played some games, talked about music, and had a fun time. She could become a good friend.
We were going door to door talking to people at this apartment and through one of the doors we heard someone playing the guitar. We rang it and this college aged kid came to the door. I asked if it was him playing the guitar. He said Yes and we started talking about him. Eventually we told him that we are missionaries sharing about Jesus and he said he had no interest,but we continued talking anyway. We found out he is in a band and loves American Music. We are definitely going to go back to his apartment and hang out with him someday.
It has been way fun. I like being here alot. Can we come back some time? I hope Matt comes to japan. that would be way cool. He would love it!
Stay genki. Love you all. Church is true. Choose the right!
Love
Elder Carr

Pictures:
1-Me pounding rice
3-Sign on a train
2-More rice


No comments:

Post a Comment