Sunday, December 19, 2010

New Companion

Hello!
 
So I got the package with all of the random stuff and the Inflatable turkey. Thanks. I hope the other one comes soon! Kim needs to email me back about what kind of bento box she wants. The only kind I have seen are little kid ones and big boxy ones. Also Im going shopping for gifts today because I have a lot of time.
Ive been with my new companion for almost a week now. The first thing he did when he walked into our apartment was tell me all his plans to deep clean it. We have been scrubbing every nook and cranny and rearranging everything. It doesnt look half bad. My last companion left a huge mess so it was good to get everything cleaned up. Elder Anderson is half Japanese. Hes from Ogden and is way good at the guitar. I like him.
Yesterday was probably one of the most amazing Sundays ever. Saturday night one of the members in our branch who is from New Zealand called and asked if we could teach his friends who he was bringing to church. We told him we could do it during Sunday School and set up the appointment. When we got to church the next morning, President Baird(our mission President) was there(Surprise!!). He greeted us and sat down. He was there to do a fireside/meeting for the members. Before sunday school started he asked if he could join us and kind of take control of the lesson we had for Dave and Eiko(the friends). Of course we said he could. Dave and Eiko speak English so we did the whole thing in English. As President Baird taught, the couple just couldnt stop smiling and crying. They were feeling the spirit and loving what was being taught to them. They both had very little religious background, but they knew that this is where they are supposed to be. It was a very amazing experience. We gave them BOMs and they told us they would definitely read it and they would come back next week. It was amazing. Eiko(the wife) is Japanese. Her family is Buddist but she doesnt practice it. Its more of a tradition. She knew nothing about God or Jesus Christ, but she told us so many times that she had felt their love and that she was going from the darkness to the light. They are coming back to church next week and we are thinking about committing them to baptism. Please pray that our lesson goes well and they will continue to have open hearts and feel the spirit. I will let you know how it goes.
Other than that, I havent had very many experiences this week that are worth sharing. We have been cleaning, shopping, teaching English class, meeting with the branch missionary leader, teaching members. On Tuesday we went to Nagoya to pick up my companion. He had come from Takayama which is about a 7 hour train ride to Nagoya. We then had a 4 hour training then a 5 hour ride to Numazu. Its been a long week.
In English class we started teaching lessons using an English and Japanese Book of Mormon. All of the students have them and we read stories and practice grammar from it. Its a very good tool and its one of the best ways to learn English. Hopefully it can help people gain interest in the gospel too.
Thats about it. I write Kris Powell sometimes and Berto, but I dont know Bradys address. Could you get it from his brother or facebook or something? thanks. And also Garret Stout and Andrew Fellows.
Ill send the package once I get some stuff today. I might just have to send another one in a couple of weeks with stuff that I have so far.
Love you all. Tell Grandma Carr "Omedetou Tanjoubi!!". My letters arent very good so I dont know if I want them being sent to the whole extended family... it would make me look bad. It might be cool if I could get The cousins emails though. Thanks
Love you.
 
Elder Carr

No comments:

Post a Comment