Tuesday, June 22, 2010

June 22nd- Transfer call says...


Update on transfers: We got the transfer call from President Traveler this morning and... Im not transfering! I'll be in Ise for one more transfer with my new Japanese companion, Elder Ishijima. Elder Wood is moving on to be a Zone Leader in Shizuoka before he goes back home in september. I cant believe Im already on transfer 4. Its be fast and I feel like I havent made as much progress as Ive wanted to. I still also feel like I havent accomplished much as a missionary. But Im being patient and slowly getting the hang of teaching people and speaking Japanese. I know I need to study, work hard, pray, love the people, keep trying, and so forth. And I am. Its just coming slow and thats just how I work I guess. Elder Kekauoha(my MTC companion) is becoming a trainer next transfer as is Elder Boss. Its really rare for missionaries that young to be training, but since they are qualified and we are running out of older missionaries they were called. They'll be awesome. I cant even Imagine training... if anything, I need to be trained again. ha.
As far as investigators go, Hayashi san still hasnt had the courage to ask her husband to learn about the gospel so they can be baptized and have an eternal family. We keep praying for them and I know that someday they will get baptized. All of our other investigators are doing well too. Right now we are also working with an inactive who was baptized recently then at church she heard some dumb stuff from members and decided to stop going. Weve been helping resolve her concerns with that and build her faith. Go to church and the temple! Those are very important things. They will help you stay clean and help build your testimony. And also, be a good example to those who arent members or who are struggling. You never know if something you say could offend someone. Its hard to see this woman who loves Christ and the scriptures, but just had a few problems with some stuff the members have said or done. She would easily be the strongest member of our branch and the most knowledgable about Christ's teachings if she kepts the commandment of going to church...
One of the most important things we teach about is that families need to read, pray, go to church, and learn about Christ together. I hope somehow everyone can have the desire to do that. Dont let pride get in the way. In Ise, there are about 300 members of the church. But only 20 of them actually go to church and live the gospel of Jesus Christ. The rest of those people let other unimportant things get in the way. Its sad, but its what we deal with as missionaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment