My 8 member district is working way hard and lots of cool things are happening. Here is what has happened:
Last Tuesday my comp and I visited our 81 yr old grandma, Sister Taniguhi. We committed her to Baptism (Again!) on the 11th. This time its for real! We set up a time to do a Baptism interview. We had it yesterday after church and since The Zone leaders couldnt do it and President Baird was busy, he felt like Elder Oldroyd, the senior missionary in the mission home, should do it. He and his wife came all the way from Nagoya(3 or 4 hour drive) and he did the interview. She passed and is getting Baptized on the 11th!
Also on Tuesday 2 of the sister missionaries committed a 13 yr old girl to Baptism! Yesterday the 2 Elders in Numazu committed a family of 7 to Baptism. Only 2 of the 5 kids are over 8, but it is still awesome. Then also yesterday the other pair of Sister missionaries committed a nine yr old girl to Baptism! Its way cool! The Sister missionaries are the BEST. My Fuji District is the best in the mission for sure. We have 7 people with Baptism dates set. but yeah, Excitement!
On Saturday night the 2 Zone leaders(Elder Nelson, who I worked with last year in Fuji sometimes, and Elder Brown from Australia) came over and stayed the night. They then came to church with us and the Oldroyds and had a special meeting with our Ward mission leader. We then got to get out and do some work with then all day yesterday finishing the night with a visit to some members and a way good dinner! It was fun. Elder Nelson and I went to try to visit an inactive woman. We pushed the button on te door-phone and she answered, we told her who we are and she replied by telling us that she hates our church and then hung up. That was fun too.
Good times in Japan, but they will soon come to an end. In two weeks from today I will be on my way to the mission home for some fun. I will then take the BULLET TRAIN!!!!!! to Tokyo and stay the night there. But I am guessing you already know all of this.
Well I guess next week is my last email week then I will see you after that. You can see a lot of pictures and stuff then. The picture I am sending is what I took this morning on my way to the internet place.
Have a good week! The church is true. choose the right
Love
Elder Carr
No comments:
Post a Comment