This week was good. Sister Taniguchi was Baptized yesterday!
Our church is under construction so there was no hot water at all. We ended up getting big pots of water and boiling them on gas stoves. It was a really slow process and by the time we had to start the Baptism the water was still a bit cold, but we helped her in the font and she didnt seem to think it was too bad. I am glad she didnt get nervous and back out. She will be blessed for it! I attached a picture of the 3 of us. My companion Baptized her, but we both got in the font and helped her/ made sure she went all the way under. It was a good day :)
I have one week left! I am kind of sad to leave and will probably be depressed for a while after I get back. I fly back with Elder Marcus Jackson. He is half Japanese. If we can, we will go meet G n G in Seattle, but if something comes up and we cant meet, please tell them sorry. We will try though! I will probably be embarassed if you are all waiting at the airport with signs and stuff... just so you know. Who is going to be there when I come? I havent even gotten my flight plans yet so I dont know what time I will arrive. Do you know what time I will arrive in SLC? I also might be too nervous and sad and Jet lagged/ tired to go out to eat or something, but I guess we will see how I feel then!
This past wednesday we went to Nagoya and were able to hear from Elder Stevenson of the 70. He was the Mission President here before the Travellers. He gave good talk and President Baird also got to share some remarks. He actually shared about Moms experience with the lady she met at work and told us all of how great a missionary she is! He said that he and his wife had the family over for FHE and had a good lesson then were able to commit them to be Baptized! They all need to come to church a few times but I think they will be Baptized next month! Mom is way famous in our mission for her miracle. If she wasnt living the gospel and sensitive to the spirit then the family would not be getting Baptized. Good job mom
See you Next week. Enjoy the picture.
Love
Elder Carr
No comments:
Post a Comment