Hello!
Updates of the past week:
Last Tuesday we had sports night in Fuji. The people who showed up were 6 missionaries, 4 girls about my age, a boy about my age, and 3 or four older people. It was way fun. I havent hung out with girls for ever! One of the girls was just baptized about 2 months ago by my former companion, Elder Wood, before he returned home. It was way cool to meet and talk to someone who had just gotten baptized. I can tell shes going to be way strong. Anyway, So we played basketball and volleyball with these people in Fuji and had a way good time.
On Friday we had our weekly district meeting, but since it was two missionaries birthdays, we went to Kabazushi, a sushi restraunt, after! There, you sit at a booth as sushi goes around on a track next to you. When you see one you like, you take it and eat it. Or, you can order stuff you like through a little touchscreen order device. They then stick it on a mini Bullet-train and it rides on the track right to your table. Its way cool! Im sure there are videos on youtube or something of it. Or you can just ask dad. OR you can play Pokemon Stadium on N64 and play the Likitung mini-game...
Last weekend was conference. It was pretty good. I watched all of saturday(except the last 2 talks of Priesthood session) in Japanese. It was way tiring, but there were no other English speakers there so I had to deal with it. Sunday was better though because it was in English. Last Thursday I invited our English class to come watch it. I didnt think anyone would be able to come, but one guy showed up for the last Sunday session and enjoyed it. I think we might be able to start teaching him. He doesnt have a job so I know he has a lot of free time! (which is rare for Japanese people)
Finally, Yesterday we had our Zone activity in Shizuoka. Its about an hour by train from Numazu. We played soccer for and hour, watched some of the Elders wrestle (probably dangerous and against the rules), I talked to Elder Da Silva(Julio from our high school), Then we went to an all-you-can-eat yaki-niku restraunt. While playing soccer, this 13 yr old kid came up to us and wanted to play so we let him. It was a holiday yesterday so nobody had school... Before we left we gave him a "special present", a little flyer about English class and the Gospel and told him to come and to call if he wants to play soccer with us again. Maybe he's a golden investigator who found us? Also, While the 12 or us were walking from the restraunt, we saw a bunch of people who needed the help of tall guys to put up a sign. One of the girls who was outside knew English so we got to talk to her and invite her to English class. Also, a lady who was talking with us went and got her daughter who spoke English from the house and we got to talk to her and also invite her to class. There are always random experiences like that when we start talking with people or help them.
Thats about it for my week. Today Im getting a haircut and we are teaching Estevan. There is also a new rule that we arent allowed to teach women unless there is a responsible male home or if its in a public place. Before we used to be able to teach at the door step, but now, we cant. That makes it hard for us because most of our investigators are women and all of the male members in our branch are always busy so they cant come teach with us. But we will ganbaru.
To answer some questions:
I still have my guitar... but I havent been playing it and Ive been asking around for people who want it.
The cool restraunts I like are the little Ramen shops were you sit at a counter while Jimmy Hendrix is playing and there are some tired looking business men sitting next to you slowly drinking their beer. Thats cool. And definitely the Japan experience.
I live pretty much in the middle of the Big part of the city. The train station is a 10 minute walk or a five min bike ride away. Most of the members and investigators live just out side the main city in smaller towns.
We still have millions of cockroaches. The weather is still pretty hot, but weve had a few days of rain lately. Pretty soon, Mt Fuji will be getting snow and will look way cool.
My mission president is intense and powerful, kind of business like, but way nice. He has a goal of doubling the membership of the church in our mission within the next three years. Its gonna happen because of him.
I need more longsleeved shirts. I dislike shirts with buttondown collars though... Please send my favorite plaid greenish tie. I miss it. Maybe a t-shirt or two... my muse one? I dont even remember what I have anymore. I hope you havent gotten rid of any of my stuff!
I dont really have any funny kid stories... except one time I was on the train and these two teenage girls got on and were acting stupid and showing off because there was a tall american standing next to them. One of them stuck their foot in the door as it was closing and got it stuck. the other girl tried pulling on it to get it out. It was way funny. Me and my companion just stood there laughing as the girls tried to act cool and pull her foot out. they finally got it out and were way embarassed. It was the funniest thing ever. I guess most of my Kid stories are about high school girls.... but I cant help it, there are like 4 Schools within ten minutes of our apartment.
Maybe I talk about girls too much? Its probably because I havent been around all my girly friends for almost a year.
It should be getting pretty rainy here soon so I hope I dont get sick.
It should be getting pretty rainy here soon so I hope I dont get sick.
Tell everybody hello for me. Ill write again next week. Love you. Choose the right
Love Elder Carr
No comments:
Post a Comment